How travel blogging enriched our lives and bank balances…
When writing a travel blog everything must always be amazing and life changing. You do not want your readers to think that anything ever goes wrong on the marvelous journey you are taking. Visit as many countries as possible, remember it is all about quantity – being able to say I have visited 5,4543 countries by the age of 25 automtically means you will be better than those who haven’t. Here is my list on how to have a sucessful, money-making travel blog:
1. Comment on every post by every travel blogger with lots of followers.
2. As soon as possible get loads of adverts on your site.
3. Write a re-hashed version of the same post that appears on hundreds of other blogs – best beaches in Thailand is always a great one!
4. Tweet every five seconds, everyone in the entire world must know you have written a new post so you can have thousands of followers.
5. Huge amounts of followers means you are likely to get given free trips by companies! With these free trips you write sponsored posts saying how wonderful a hotel/trip is (even if it wasn’t).
6. Do not forget the importance of an e-book – perhaps one on house sitting despite you doing all of one houses sit (the readers do not have to know).
7. Act like you are a expert on everything travel.
The above is of course sarcasm. I have nothing against people trying to make money from their blogs but so often I’ve come across ones who are at best fake and worst plain nasty. I desperately need to find myself more travel blogs written by the sort of people I wouldn’t want to throw a drink over. Recommendations please.
Disclaimer – No travel bloggers were harmed in the making of this post.